As part of the Archdiocese of Cincinnati and
If you are a new volunteer here are the steps to become Virtus Certified
- Sign Up – Create an account at www.virtus.org. Make sure you select Nativity as your Primary location
- Register and attend a session– Once you have created your account, sign up for a VIRTUS Session. Please go to www.virtus.org and click on “Registration” on the
left handside, then follow the prompts to find a session and location that work for your schedule.
- Background Check – You will also be prompted to complete your background check as part of the
signup process. Please contact Nancy or Tricia for a token if you would like Nativity to pay for the background check.
- Fingerprints – Only required for employees, not for volunteers
- Ready to Volunteer – Once all steps are complete you will be notified when you are approved to volunteer. No one may volunteer until they receive this notification from the Nativity Office.
If you are already Virtus Certified please be sure to read the monthly bulletins! If you fall more than 3 behind you are out of compliance. After missing 18, you will be required to take an online course to become compliant again.