Dear Fellow Parishioners,
Each time at Nativity, we are struck anew by the generosity of our parishioners. The grounds are clean and attractive. The buildings are well-maintained and high-functioning. The church inspires worship and the school enhances our children’s learning.
Since 1990 – when the parish first created a Facilities Management Commission – parishioners and staff have worked together to preserve and improve our parish home. The Nativity Annual Fund, in place since 1999, has been a vital part of that success.
This year – after a year off for the Archdiocese’s “One Faith, One Hope, One Love” campaign – Nativity’s Development Commission has an ambitious list of goals for our Annual Fund.
Under the 2016 “Completing Our Projects” campaign, we seek to again raise $100,000 to finish projects we’ve made priorities in recent years: classroom improvements, new doors and security equipment, along with more dollars for the Education Fund. We also are asking for $10,000 for the Second Century Fund which will support future facility improvements in the church and school.
Please take a moment to read more about the “Completing Our Projects” goals below, as well as the long-term plans for major renovations to our school and church. And you are welcome, of course, to be in touch with us or other members of the Development Commission with your questions.
Thank you for your great generosity over the years – and for what we hope will be a successful effort at “Completing Our Projects” this year. May we continue to enjoy God’s many blessings!
|Fr. Paul DeLuca
Parish Office: 531-3164
Annual Fund Co-Chair
Annual Fund Co-Chair
$49,000 raised to date from 118 families
Updated on 1/10/2017
Annual Fund Brochure
Your donation makes a difference. Thank you!
2016 Annual Fund Goals
In 2016, Nativity seeks $100,000 in contributions for the following projects:
- $30,000 to renovate the school art room with new flooring, ceiling and cabinets.
- $23,000 to install the three last (of 11 in total) secure custom-made glass-paneled doors on parish grounds.
- $12,000 to upgrade WiFi in all classrooms.
- $10,000 to continue building the School Education Fund.
- $10,000 to seed the Second Century Fund.
- $9,300 toward replacing desks and chairs in classrooms.
- $5,700 to add four (of 13 in total) security cameras on parish grounds.
Long Term Potenial Plans
As Nativity looks forward to its 100th anniversary in 2017, the 2016 Annual Fund will provide $10,000 in seed money for future major capital renovations in the school and church.
The Second Century Fund will pay for plans laid out in the 2011 Master Plan for Nativity’s campus, which were updated and approved by Parish Council in 2015.
Long-term potential School Renovation Plans include:
- Phase 1
- Creating a computer lab/library/world language room in the old school gym.
- Turning the existing main office into a conference room and tutoring space.
- Phase 2
- Relocating the main entrance to the courtyard.
- Moving the main office to what is now the library.
Long-term potential Church Renovation Plans include:
- Replacing existing pews and kneelers with new reconfigured seating.
- Lowering the choir space.
- Installing a new prominent altar space, baptismal font and flooring.
- Replacing the “cry room” with a chapel.
Parish Staff, the Development Commission and Parish Council are considering various funding methods and timelines for these major initiatives and will share more information as it becomes available.
Completing Our Projects
Thanks to your generosity, Nativity has been improving its home at Ridge and Woodford for nearly 100 years.
- In 1990, the parish created a Facilities Management Commission to begin drafting a Long-Range Campus Plan.
- In 1995, the then-new Development Commission began looking at short- and long-term financial needs, launching the first Annual Fund in 1999
- In 2001, a Master Plan Steering Committee laid the ground work for a comprehensive campus plan including major parish building projects.
Combined, capital campaign and Annual Fund dollars have made possible major upgrades to the school (cafeteria, classrooms, elevator); the church (new roof, new heating and cooling, window repairs); and the grounds (parking lot, courtyard, exterior gathering spots). And the entire parish has enjoyed the new gym and a debt-free balance sheet.
The 2016 Annual Fund asks for your continued support to complete most of the work we’ve begun. Your contribution, no matter its size, is most welcome. To contribute, please give online or mail a check to the Parish Office. If your employer offers matching gifts, please contact your human resources office for details.
The Development Committee
Julie Abraham – Development Coordinator
Allan Burgei – Chair
Mike Garry – Annual Fund Co-Chair
Rick Jones – Planned Giving Chair
Tammy Reasoner – Annual Fund Co-Chair
Special thanks to the Annual Fund 2016 brochure team: Jim Molloy, designer; Patti Newberry, writer; Rudy Gruenke, photographer and web support; and Sharon Kindell and Cindy Schlegel, staff support.