The Bereavement Ministry provides a reassuring presence for individuals and their families at the end of life. As a member of the Bereavement Ministry you would:
- represent the Parish when you meet with the family to plan the funeral.
- support and guide the family in choices of readings, petitions and music, following The Funeral Liturgies Handbook.
- help the family to find readers, people to carry the gifts of bread and wine, Eucharistic Ministers, etc.
- gather information for the programs and any interesting facts or comments about the deceased family member.
- be present at Church the day of the funeral to assist the family and answer any questions.
If this is a ministry you feel called to be a part of, we can use your talents and gifts.
For more information about this ministry please contact Cindy Schlegel at (513) 531-3164.