Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA)
Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA) Are you thinking about becoming Catholic? Have you heard of the RCIA and wondered what it was about? Are you an adult desiring the Sacraments of Baptism, Eucharist and/or Confirmation?
You are invited to see if the RCIA is for you.
The RCIA is the adult process of becoming fully initiated in the Catholic Church, that is receiving the sacraments of Baptism, Confirmation, and Eucharist.
- It is about sharing stories, asking questions, and gathering information.
- It is about conversion – a life changing process.
- It is part of a life-long journey of faith.
- It is about belonging to a faith community.
The Parish Community of Nativity of Our Lord invites you to consider becoming a full member of the Catholic Church through the RCIA. It is a process that is done in the context of a community of faith and within a smaller community composed of the RCIA team and others who are also seeking to receive the sacraments of Baptism, Confirmation, and Eucharist.
The process is composed of many elements:
- Seeking, asking, gathering information
- Learning about basic Catholic beliefs
- Studying and praying the Scriptures especially the readings for Sundays
- Being part of a faith community
- Spiritual guidance-integrating your individual faith experience
- Rituals – to celebrate the steps along the way to the Easter Sacraments
Who should attend RCIA?
- Non-baptized people with no formal religion who are now interested in the Catholic faith.
- People baptized in another denomination who are interested in the Catholic faith.
- People baptized Catholic who have never completed the Sacraments of Eucharist or Confirmation.
RCIA SESSIONS are held on Thursdays from 7:00 pm to 8:30 pm.
RCIA is a collaborative effort with Holy Trinity Church in Norwood. Inquirers from Nativity and Holy Trinity meet with a team composed of parishioners from both parishes. Meetings with inquirers will begin as soon as requests are made if desired, Large sessions together will begin toward the end of August. Sr. Janet Schneider,is the director of the RCIA program. If you are interested in more information about the RCIA, please contact Fr. Paul or Sr. Janet, (513) 531-3164 or Janet.email@example.com.