Baptisms of infants/children before age 7 are celebrated the third Sunday of each month during the Masses (4:30 PM Saturday, 9 & 11:00 AM Sunday). There are no baptisms during Lent. Parents are required to attend a preparation program once before the baptism of their children. The program is offered the first Sunday of the month. Please meet the presenting couple at the back of church for the 11:00 AM Mass. The class follows Mass immediately and ends at 1:30PM. Please contact the parish office, 531-3164, to schedule a Baptism and to register for the class.
Reconciliation, Eucharist and Confirmation
Children in Nativity Parish prepare for these sacraments either in the religion classes of Nativity School or in the Catechesis of the Good Shepherd, BOW, and junior high religion programs. Parents attend a preparation meeting to assist their child in understanding more deeply the beauty and importance of the sacrament in their child’s life.
First Sacrament of Reconciliation
- First Reconciliation will be Monday, December 18 at 7:00 PM. This is for second graders.
- The parent meeting will be held on Monday, October 9, 7:00 PM, in the Parish Office basement.
- Will be celebrated on Sunday, May 6, at 1:30 PM for children in grade 2.
- Practice for First Communion and picture-taking is Wednesday, May 2, 6:00 PM in the church.
- Parent meeting is Tuesday, February 6 at 7:00 PM in the Parish Office basement for parents
- Optional Jesus Day is Saturday, April 7, 9:30-noon in the school cafeteria
- Upper Room Dinner is Friday, April 20, 6:00 PM in the school cafeteria for child and parents
- Will be celebrated on Sunday, April 29 at the 11:00 AM Mass
- Parent Meeting is Monday, January 29, at 7:00 PM in the Parish Office basement.
- Confirmation Candidate/Sponsor Retreat is Sunday, February 25, 12-2:30 PM, in the school cafeteria.
- Confirmation Candidate Retreat is Saturday, April 14, 8:30—3:00 PM Place: TBD
- Download the permission/medical release form and schedule here if you are preparing for Confirmation by taking Sunday morning classes with Sr. Janet.