Baptisms of infants/children before age 7 are celebrated the third Sunday of each month during the Masses (4:30 PM Saturday, 10:00 AM Sunday). There are no baptisms during Lent. Parents are required to attend a preparation program once before the baptism of their children. The program is offered the first Sunday of the month. Please meet the presenting couple at the back of
Children in Nativity Parish prepare for these sacraments either in the religion classes of Nativity School or in the Catechesis of the Good Shepherd, BOW, and junior high religion programs. Parents attend a preparation meeting to assist their child in understanding more deeply the beauty and importance of the sacrament in their child’s life.
First Sacrament of Reconciliation
- First Reconciliation will be Monday, December 9 at 7:00 PM. This is for second graders.
- The parent meeting will be held on Monday, October 28, 7:00 PM, in the Learning Commons, 2nd floor of Nativity School building.
- Will be celebrated on Sunday, May 3, at 1:00 PM for children in grade 2.
- Practice for First Communion and picture-taking is Wednesday, April 29, 6:00 PM in the church.
Parentmeeting is Monday, February 10, at 7:00 PM in the Learning Commons.
- Optional Jesus Day is Saturday, March 7, 9:30-noon in the school cafeteria
- Upper Room Dinner is Friday, April 24, 6:00 PM in the school cafeteria for child and parents
- Confirmation will be celebrated on Thursday, April 2 at 7:00 PM in Nativity Church.
- Parent Meeting is Monday, January 27, at 7:00 PM in the Learning Commons.
- Candidate and Sponsor Retreat is Sunday, January 19, 12-2:30 PM, in the school cafeteria.
- Confirmation Candidate Retreat is Saturday, February 29, 9:00—3:00 PM Place: Holy Spirit Center, Norwood
- Download the permission/medical release form and schedule here if you are not in Nativity School and therefore are preparing for Confirmation by taking Sunday morning classes (11:15-12:30) with Sr. Janet.