Academics at Nativity
The students are on a journey to become the persons God has called them to be. Nativity is a great place for that journey to take place. Through the academic program we offer, they develop the necessary skills. Through the opportunities we offer, they experience challenges that will call forth the best they have to offer. It takes place in the classroom, on the field, and in the community and it's rooted in the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Recognized by the United States Department of Education as a National Blue Ribbon School, Nativity offers a program not found in many elementary schools. Explore these pages to learn more.
- Mrs. Burger to Travel to Tanzania with Fund For Teachers Grant
- I’m very excited to share the good news that I’ll be traveling to Tanzania this summer, having received a fellowship from an amazing organization called The Fund for Teachers, (http://www.fundforteachers.org). Believing that teachers know best how they can make a better impact in their classroom, Fund for Teachers awards fellowships for self-designed professional growth to PreK-12 teachers who [...]
- 4 Named Master Teachers
- We would like to congratulate Mrs. Margo Bellman, Mrs. Brooke Foster, and Ms. Karen Gruenke on becoming certified Master Teachers through the Archdiocese of Cincinnati and the Ohio Department of Education. They Join Mrs. Patti Burwinkel who received her Master Teacher certificate last year. So what is a Master Teacher? A master teacher demonstrates excellence inside and [...]
- Nativity Welcomes Inlet Dance Theatre Company
- The Ohio Arts Council has awarded Nativity a grant for a two-week residency with the Inlet Dance Theatre Company from Cleveland. The 3rd and 6th Grades have been chose as the core classes that will more most closely with the Dance Theatre Company and Mr. Arbogast through the PE classes. The Residency opens with [...]
- Nativity and the Council for Life Long Engagement
- 2012-13 is the third year in our partnership between Nativity and the Council for Life Long Engagement (CLLE). In October, Nativity and Episcopal Retirement Homes (ERH), founder of CLLE, were recognized nationally for their innovative program designed to change the perception of older adults among school age children. Stefanie Kathman, 5th grade teacher, and Laura [...]
- Parent Portal Goes Live for Grades 5-8
- In our continued efforts to improve School-to-Home Communication, we are pleased to announce the introduction of the Parent Portal for students in Grades 5-8. The Parent Portal is a School-to-Home Communication portal enabling parents and their children to check the grades given in each class, view any missing assignments, and keep up-to-date with any Blue [...]
In This Section