In 1979 Nativity began to develop its connection to the global community and emphasize global education. It began with the student exchange program when we sent our first delegation to Olinca School in Mexico City in 1980. An emphasis on physical and political geography followed. The 6th Grade Muslim Project was added in 2009. World Language offering expanded to include Spanish and Chinese in Grades K-8.
Since then the global education program at Nativity as evolved to include:
- The opportunity to study Spanish and Chinese in Grades K-8 and Latin in Grades 6-8.
- A Map Studies Program with an emphasis on physical and political geography.
- The opportunity to get to know students from abroad through the Student Exchange Program.
- An in-depth study of one nation of the world through the Sixth Grade International Day.
- Assistance for those in need through Project H.O.P.E.
- The Capstone Essay.
Through the opportunities here at Nativity, our students have built a strong foundation for further study and global citizenship. The Certificate for International Studies is presented each year to members of the graduating class who have successfully completed the requirements and demonstrated excellence in each area.