Dear Nativity Community –
This week Governor DeWine officially announced that schools will remain online for the rest of the school year. While we are sad that we won’t get to be together again this school year, we know that this is best for reducing the spread of this virus.
The Nativity staff has been working for the last month knowing that this might happen and making plans for various end of year activities like awards assembly and graduation, as well as how to get things cleaned out and returned to students so that regular summer maintenance can occur.
Below are details about some of the end of year events, additional details about these events will come as we get closer to them.
- Online schooling will continue until May 15th – No new assignments will be given the week of the 18th to allow students to turn in any late items by Tuesday, May 19, as well as teachers’ time to work on report cards.
- First Communion – is on hold until we know more about when we can have Mass again. While the current guidelines state the Mass may resume May 4th, we are anticipating that it will be extended. As soon as we have more information we will share it.
- Spring Sports – All spring sports are canceled. Boosters will be issuing refunds for all registration fees. Please allow 2 weeks for these to be processed.
- Upper School Exams – There will be no Upper School exams for the third trimester.
- Walk-a-Thon and Spirit Day – PTA is working on plans to hold both events virtually. More information will be coming in the next few weeks.
- Awards Assembly – Awards Assembly will be a virtual event and will be posted on the website on May 18th. Certificates will be sent home with students’ personal items at the end of the year.
- Graduation – Graduation will be posted on May 18th for families to watch, the church bells will ring at 8pm to honor the class of 2020. We will also be creating a special website for the Class of 2020. 8th grade parents and students be on the lookout for additional information next week.
- Closing Prayer Service – The closing prayer service will be posted on May 21st. 7th Grade parents (and students) will receive additional information about their participation in this virtual event.
- Report Cards – Will be distributed via email on May 27, 2020
- Personal Item Pickup – We are working on a detailed plan for this and will have more information in the coming weeks.
We are continuing to post updates about Nativity’s response to the Coronavirus and will post additional information in the Update Center on our website at www.nativity-cincinnati.org/
We appreciate everyone’s patience and understanding as we all work through this unique and historic time.
Fr. Paul Deluca
As the angelus rings at 6:00 am, noon, and 6:00 pm, please pray the following prayer
Prayer for a Time of Public Health Concerns
Since the moments of our life unfold, O God,
according to your good pleasure,
receive the prayers and sacrificial offerings
by which we implore your mercy
for our brothers and sisters who are ill,
that, having been anxious for them in their danger,
we may rejoice at their recovery of health.
For scientists, health professionals, public officials,
and all who are serving the common good in this
difficult and uncertain time, may they be
filled with wisdom and understanding.
Pray: Our Father – Hail Mary – Glory Be