Dear Nativity Families –
We want to thank all of you for helping us keep Nativity School open during the pandemic! We would not be able to do it without the help of families taking the guidelines and protocols seriously and reporting information to the school when students are exposed.
With the upcoming time off of Presidents Day, Spring Break, and Easter we wanted to take a minute and remind everyone of the protocols related to out-of-state overnight travel. As we all know, the safest thing to do for your family and for the Nativity community is to stay home, but if you do decide to travel here are the protocols for returning to school.
- Complete the online travel plans form (https://forms.gle/kT79UkBGPHF8Fdwv7) if your family plans an out-of-state overnight trip at any point this spring so that we can notify the teachers and track if and when your student will be out of school for quarantine.
- Additional days taken off specifically for travel are considered unexcused absences regardless of if the student is online remotely or not.
- Make sure your student takes everything with them from school before you leave for your trip.
- Students will be able to do remote learning while they are in quarantine due to travel.
- Quarantine will be 10 days starting on the day you return home and begin quarantining from others.
- There is an option to have a COIVD test 5 days after you return home, however even with a negative test, our school policy is that the student must stay home and quarantine for the full 10 days.
- If anyone in the household tests is positive, you should isolate to protect others from getting infected.
- Monitor for symptoms and avoid being around people who are at increased risk for severe illness for 14 days after returning.
We appreciate your continued support and cooperation with the guidelines and COVID protocols and look forward to finishing the year out with in-person education.
If you have any questions please contact Barb Meirose at (513) 458-6767 or email@example.com.
The Nativity School COVID Team
Dave Arbogast – Principal
Rudy Gruenke IV – Director of Systems & Special Projects
Sarah Crane – School Nurse
Claudia Kimura – School Secretary
Barb Meirose – Office Support Staff