While most of our communications this week have focused on what we knew and what we were doing to prepare for the coronavirus. We were not able to send out much to help you discuss this with your child. The links below may help you with what to say and how to talk to your child about the coronavirus. Some key takeaways are:
- As people of faith we believe that God is with us in every struggle we encounter in life. This strong belief must be our foundation and our peace!
- Be sensitive and aware to those children who might be struggling.
- Share the basic fact of our need as a state to slow the spread of the virus by closing our schools for a short time.
- Stress the importance of handwashing, coughing into your elbow, and not touching your hands to your face as much as possible.
- Things will get back to normal!!
- If they feel like they need to talk, it’s OK to be frightened but we are always hopeful and look for God in all things
The Cincinnati Public Schools Student Dining Service program will provide an opportunity for families to drive-thru or walk up and pick up meals for the children in their family between the ages of 1 and 18 at a number of school sites. Per USDA regulations, children must be present in order for meals to be provided. Meal distribution sites will be set up outside in the parking lot or bus lane at each school. If driving, please stay in your car and meals will be passed through to the driver based on the number of children in the car.
Meals will be served March 17–April 3 on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays each week with an additional serving day of Tuesday, March 17. All meals will be served between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. On Mondays and Wednesdays, children will receive two breakfast meals and two lunch meals. On Fridays and Tuesday, March 17, children will receive one breakfast meal and one lunch meal. All meals will exceed USDA nutritional requirements. For more information visit https://www.cps-k12.org/news/coronavirus
Chromebooks at Home
Since this shut down may last longer than the original three weeks if it would be helpful for your family to have an additional computer at home please fill out this Google Form so we know you are interested. Information related to pickup will be emailed to those families that request one. These Chromebooks can only be used by Nativity students for educational purposes. https://forms.gle/721yLcwhsxSuXJQv5
This information can be found on our website at www.nativity-cincinnati.org/updates and we will continue to send updates as we receive them. More information about online learning will be coming by the end of next week. If you have any questions, please contact me at (513) 531-3164 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Director of Systems & Special Projects