Replace the pews which were installed in 1969. New pews will have a new darker stain color and the layout will be slightly adjusted to allow for additional handicap seating, and make the aisles and spacing between pews wider to meet code.
Restain all woodwork (doors, frames, around the cry room) to match the new pew color.
Repair the floor to reduce the visibility of the gray spots and cracks. Strip the wax and polish to a high mirror finish.
Install flooring in the sanctuary, cry room, confessional and choir area.
Update Servers Table, Gifts Table and other small furnishings.
Update shrines for Mary and Joseph with new wall coverings and lighting.
Create a new shrine for the Sacred Heart and a donor acknowledgement space where the current lost and found closets are located.
Update lighting to LED to reduce electric expenses and allow for dimmers.
- 5/7/2018—Work starts on the shrines and cry room.
- 5/27/2018—Pews will be available to parishioners.
- 5/29/2018—Daily Mass moves to the Parish Office Chapel.
- 6/2/2018—Weekend Mass moves to St. Sebastian Hall.
- Target completion date is late-August.
How the Project is Funded
- $210,000 from the 2009 Capital Campaign and other parishioner contributions.
- $50,000 from the 2017 Annual Fund.
Want a Nativity Pew?
A World Language Room—A new dedicated classroom for our world language teachers in the space currently occupied by the administrative offices & the old main entrance.
New Learning Commons—A new multipurpose space in the current Old Gym that will house tutoring rooms, the library, new STEAM & Tech lab & open flex space.
Relocated Administrative Offices—The administrative offices will move into the space currently occupied by the library. This will change the main entry of the school to the courtyard from the Woodford entrance resulting in a much safer and secure entry.
- February 2018—Construction documents created.
- March—Bidding process for general contractor.
- April—Construction preparation.
- May—Construction begins.
- Target completion is mid-August before school starts.
How the Project is Funded
- $200,000 from foundations and still seeking additional support.
- $79,500 in parishioner contributions to One Faith, One Hope, One Love Campaign.
- $66,000 in alumni donations.
- $35,000 anticipated from the 2017 Annual Fund.
- Required remaining funding taken from Parish reserves.
Parish Electrical Conduit
New Carpet in Parish Office
It has been a very busy few weeks of renovation at Nativity! Below is an update of where each of the major renovation projects are at this point. Be sure to visit Facebook and our Flickr page for updates and photos. Church All of the old pews have been removed Work on...
This week (Monday, May 7, 2018) demolition work will start in church on the Shrines, closets and cry room to ensure that everything is complete by mid-August. As a result, these areas will be closed until after the renovation is complete in August. Due to this work...