Dear Friends in Christ,
The year 2021 has presented challenges, imposed changes, and forged champions within our world, our archdiocese, and our Nativity community. The world continues to be challenged by COVID and its variants. Our Archdiocese’s Beacons of Light planning process will result in changes, grouping parishes into “Families” to form evangelizing communities centered on the Eucharist. These challenges and changes have forged champions everywhere, including within our Nativity community. With God’s blessings, our pastoral and school staff, our new principal Lisa McCoy, faculty, and families have adroitly adapted to the ever-changing environment to better serve each other, building our community of faith.
We are humbled by the generosity of Nativity families. Donations to the “Building Our Community” Annual Fund totaled $123,300, exceeding our $100,000 goal. Your altruism allowed us to establish a COVID relief fund to provide for unexpected expenses; install a fire detection system in the parish office; and technology in the church to allow for live-streaming. In addition, we added $10,000 to our School Education Fund and provided $2,500 each to St. Vincent de Paul and The Caring Place to help our neighbors in need. With the overage, we installed security cameras on the church; helped replace the church roof; and began to study the feasibility of air conditioning the school.
WE CANNOT DO IT WITHOUT YOU! The on-going improvements to our campus are made possible by your donations to Nativity Annual Funds. We are sincerely grateful!
Looking ahead to Nativity’s future, the “Welcoming Our Community” 2021-2022 Annual Fund seeks $110,000 to complete key card access in all campus buildings; replace a near obsolete fire panel in the school; install new lighting and flooring in the church sacristy and parish offices; and replace the shield in the driveway in front of church. Furthermore, we will add $10,000 to the School Education Fund and again allocate $2,500 each to St. Vincent de Paul and The Caring Place.
Please take a moment to read more about the “Welcoming Our Community” Annual Fund in the enclosed brochure. Feel free to contact us with questions.
Will you help Nativity continue amidst challenge and change to improve its facilities in order to offer an oasis of welcome for our community?
Thank you for your generosity in the past and for your lasting support in the future. May we continue to enjoy God’s blessings as together we help improve our facilities and welcome our community.
Fr. Eric Roush
Pastor, Holy Trinity/Nativity Pastoral Region
Jason D. Moser
Annual Fund Chair (513) 518-1440
THANK YOU!!! As of October 25, 2021 the “Welcoming Our Community” 2021-2022 Annual Fund has received $3050 in donations.
Your donation makes a difference. Thank you!
Nativity seeks $110,000 to reach “Welcoming Our Community” annual fund goals:
- $30,000 to complete key care access across all of our campus buildings.
- $29,000 to replace a nearly obsolete fire panel in the school.
- $15,000 to install new cabinets, updated lighting and flooring in the church sacristy.
- $12,000 to add a security vestibule to the school entrance.
- $6000 to install new lighting and flooring in the parish office.
- $3000 to replace the shield in the driveway in front of church.
Additionally, "Welcoming Our Community" will contribute
- $2500 each to St. Vincent de Paul and The Caring Place to help our neighbors in the community.
- $10,000 for our School Education Fund, which among other things, provides tuition assistance to families in need.
Even as we plan for 2021-2022 annual fund projects, we are looking ahead to future developments and needs.
- In the 2021-2022 school year, Nativity turns 100 years old. Watch the website for details about celebrations throughout the whole year.
- Nativity recently replaced the church roof using reserve funds plus a fraction of the overage from the 2020-2021 annual fund.
- As the school's STEAM curriculum evolves, the STEAM lab in the Learning Commons will require updates to stay current.
- Additionally, the school's kindergarten rooms need renovation to improve the learning environment for our youngest students and their teachers. The renovation of the kindergarten rooms will complete the updating of all classrooms in Nativity School.
- As part of the Archdiocese of Cincinnati Beacons of Light plan, Nativity will join a "family of parishes" effective July 2022.
- Nativity recently launched a study to determine the feasibility of air conditioning the school to make the buildings more comfortable. A draft of the study has been received from Motz Engineering and MSA architectural firm with a price tag indicating a need for a capital campaign. The project, which will require further analysis including a financial feasibility study and approval from the Archdiocese of Cincinnati, will be further analyzed once the "family of parishes" become effective July 2022.
Thanks for your steadfast support of Nativity parish-past, present and future. Your 2021-2022 contribution, no matter its size, is most welcome.
If your employer offers matching gifts, please contact your human resources office for details.
Your generosity has made Nativity’s growth possible. Thank you for your continued support!
Aerial views of the Nativity campus in the early 2000s (top) and in 2019 (bottom) highlight almost 20 years of improvements to the Nativity campus.
Thanks to members of the Development Commission who planned the 2021-2022 “Welcoming Our Community” Annual Fund. Members include
- Fr. Eric Roush – Pastor, Holy Trinity/Nativity Pastoral Region
- Julie Abraham – Development Director
- Allan Burgei – Development Commission Chair (through May 31, 2021)
- Ann Dempsey
- Mike Garry
- Rick Jones
- Jason Moser – Annual Fund Chair
- Patti Newberry
- Tammy Reasoner
- Jim Robinson – Development Commission Chair (Beginning June 1, 2021)
- John Vonder Haar
Special thanks to the Annual Fund 2020-2021 brochure team: Jim Molloy, designer & web support; Patti Newberry, writer; Tom Baker, photographer; and Sharon Kindell, staff support.
Stay Up-to-date with Nativity
Sign up to receive emails from the parish related to funerals, Holy Days of Obligation, important parish events, and the weekly Nativity News which includes information from the school and the parish bulletin.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.