Time marches on and passes quickly – even during a pandemic. Though it may seem like yesterday, it was 100 years ago in August that Nativity School first opened its doors. Dave Arbogast, Nancy Ciarniello, Bob Herring, and Cinder Miller have started to imagine what the celebration will look like to mark this incredible milestone. A few ideas include the following:
- An art installation within the school that will involve students, parents, staff and members of the community
- The celebration of Founders Day in September
- An Open House & Tours during Catholic Schools Week 2022 as well as the Centennial Assembly welcoming back to campus former students and staff members connecting them with the current generation of Nativity students
- A Time Capsule that captures the Nativity Story
- An up-to-date history of our school that features stories from alumni
There’s a way for everyone to participate in this celebration!
We will start by collecting photos of students and staff members who have passed through these halls over the last 100 years – photos of then (when they were students) and now. What fun it will be to see the changes that have taken place over the years. This is the perfect time to go through those stacks of photos, both paper and digital, and share them with us! We would love to have you send us digital images at email@example.com. If you have paper photos and need help scanning, please let us know.
In addition, we are looking for current contact information of former students and staff members. If you have lists of contacts from your days in the blue and white, please send them to us so that we can build our database. We are looking for names (first, last, maiden), year of graduation if you know it, addresses, phone numbers, and emails!
If you have any questions or ideas, please let us know. Be on the lookout for more communication to follow in the spring and fall. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to commemorate100 years at the “corner of Ridge & Woodford in the heart of downtown Pleasant Ridge.” We look forward to joining current and past students and staff in celebrating 100 years of Nativity School!