Below are various resources to help parents talk to their children about the Coronavirus.
Some key takeaways are:
- As people of faith we believe that God is with us in every struggle we encounter in life. This strong belief must be our foundation and our peace!
- Be sensitive and aware to those children who might be struggling.
- Share the basic fact of our need as a state to slow the spread of the virus by closing our schools for a short time.
- Stress the importance of handwashing, coughing into your elbow, and not touching your hands to your face as much as possible.
- Things will get back to normal!!
- If they feel like they need to talk, it’s OK to be frightened but we are always hopeful and look for God in all things
- Just For Kids: A Comic Exploring The New Coronavirus – NPR
- Explainer Video from BrainPop – showcased on PBS NewsHour
- Talking to Kids About the Coronavirus – Child Development and Behavior Specialist Betsy Brown Braun
- Talking to Kids About the Coronavirus – The Child Mind Institute
- How to Support Your Child’s Health and Well-Being During Ohio’s Ordered School-Building Closure – Ohio Edpartment of Education
- How to Talk to Your Kids About Coronavirus – PBS Kids
- Talking to Children About COVID-19 (Coronavirus) A Parent Resource – NASP NASN – [PDF]
Concern or question?
Safety is one of our top priorities at Nativity. If you have a question, concern or comment about any health or safety issue, please contact Rudy Gruenke IV, Director of Systems & Special Projects at (513) 513-3164 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The church building will be open each day for private prayer. Please practice proper social distancing of 6 feet per person in all directions.
- Monday-Friday 7:30 am-2:30 pm
- Sunday 9:00 am to Noon